Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Obsessions

I have a bit of an obsessive compulsive personality. I generally have at least one obsession going at any one time - but they are always fairly short-lived. I suddenly start on something and pursue it with extreme vigor then just as quickly I stop - usually because I have become bored with it, but sometimes because another, more exciting obsession has cropped up.

My current obsession is knitting. In the space of 3 weeks I have knitted myself a rather nice cardigan and a long blanket-like jacket. These were churned out with great speed and did not quench my thirst for this particular obsession at this time, so I have chosen a much more difficult patterned cardigan with cabling (which I haven't done before) and made up of a large number of components. I chose this pattern for two reasons. One was I liked it, the other was because the pattern stated "experience, requires patience". This will be a challenge!! Can I complete the cardigan before my obsession dies? Will it be thrown in the bottom of my wardrobe, unfinished but with a promise to myself that I will pick it up again at a later date? (who am I trying to kid anyway!). We shall see.............

No comments:

Post a Comment